Monday, October 10, 2011

Ok, what's The Fashion Skitch?

Hi everyone! I'm Desirée. A few things about me:

Who am I? I'm an artist. I specialize in drawing, printmaking, artistic bookmaking, and dreamcatcher confection. I'm also extra crafty and I come with the works.

What do I want to do? Fashion design. I'm currently in the middle of my application revision process for Parsons. I'm looking for a way to channel my artistic background into fashion and grabbing every opportunity I can to grow little by little as a professional. Always loved fashion, always will. My life took some twists and turns and now it's time to move forward.

Anyways, enough about me... "What's The Fashion Skitch?", you may ask? It's a simple equation I came up with. How could I sum up in a unique niche what I wanted this blog to be? Well, Sketch + Stitch = Skitch. Here are the three main points to cover, my dear skitchees:


HERE'S THE SKITCH: The low-down on my take on any collection.

THE SKITCH : Fashion illustration sketched up by me taken directly from that same collection inspired by the type of woman the designer wants to portray or how I envision it goes.

SKITCH-I-Y: I take a piece or any accessory from that collection and come up with a DIY from a more accessible pocket-in-a-budget range.

Simple, right?

I might do the occasional beauty tutorial or makeup review (Didn't you know, I do makeup too!), but I'll try to keep it close to these three main pointers.

I think it's only fitting I spill the deets on who my favorite fashion illustrators, designers and influences are. I guess that way it'll be a bit more easier for you guys to get where my inspiration comes from and how my style aesthetic works. I find that making lists really helps so I'll just jot them down that way:

Fashion Illustrators:
  • Rubén Toledo
  • Bobby Hillson
  • Zoltan +
  • Claire Smalley
  • René Grau
  • Steven Stipelman
  • David Downton
Designers:
  • Balmain (Christophe Decarnin, Olivier Rousteing)
  • Balenciaga (Nicholas Ghesquière)
  • Givenchy (Ricardo Tisci)
  • Gareth Pugh
  • Alexander McQueen 
  • Prabal Gurung
  • Karl Lagerfeld
  • Altuzarra
Artists and other influential people:
  • Sophie Jodoin
  • Henri de Tolousse-Lautrec
  • Alison Mosshart
  • Daphne Guinness
  • The Olsens
  • Kate Lanphear
  • Tommy Ton
  • Anna Wintour
  • Scott Schumann
  • Lady Gaga
  • Pat McGrath
  • Amanda Wachob
  • Leigh Lezark
  • Swoon
  • Zoe Bradley
  • Grace Coddington
  • Pixiwoo
  • Monoxious
  • Marina Bychkova
Anyways, I think a link to my personal Tumblr might do too: lalilalane.tumblr.com

See you guys soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...