Thursday, November 24, 2011

It's here! Gareth Pugh x MAC!


Well, I was told that Gareth Pugh x MAC was not coming to our Puerto Rico store. I was sold lies. I had already given up and accepted the fact that the only way I was going to get my hands on the collection was only via internet and wouldn't be able to see the products until then. OH BABY! My face was aglow when I walked past the MAC store this afternoon and yes, there in a corner all alone... Gareth Pugh x MAC. I'm pretty sure my squeals were heard all over the mall but I dashed across the hall and straight to the collection section! I had a mini splurge (for my budget) and I'm hoping supplies last until my next paycheck because I do want to get a few more elements from this collection before it ends (of couse, Black Friday is this week but then again, who here in this island knows who Gareth Pugh is?). Also, I'm DYING for Daphne Guinness' collabo with MAC as well (I'm probably more excited for this than I am for this collection) and it's coming out on December 26.



My friends, what a joy it was to swatch every single product from this collection. I was BLOWN AWAY. In the first post I made about this collection I got a few things messed up because of lack of information. I t old you guys about it with what I observed from pictures. Let's set the record straight. The collection consists of 1 powder, 1 blush, 2 pigments, 2 eyeshadows, 1 mascara, 2 eyeliners, 2 lipsticks, 2 lip glosses, a set of eyelashes, a kabuki brush, 3 nail varnishes and one makeup bag. The prices are a little bit higher than your usual MAC products, but when you pay for a limited edition like this one, you're paying for special packaging, product selection/creation and a designer name product with designer quality.

Let's start with the powder. So lovely! The packaging itself weighed about three pounds because everything in this collection is packaged in metal containers, not your usual MAC plastic fantastic. The powder was dewy in finish, it had a bit of highlight and was so soft and creamy. Lovely on the skin, especially pale skins. If there's a downside to this collection in regards to powder and blush, it would be that it's designed for people with really pale skin. But it wouldn't surprise me coming from a designer with a goth edge to his taste.

My little splurge was with the blush. It's called 'Strada'. Now, you get a lot less product than you do with your regular MAC blushes, but again, I paid for a limited edition product. This powder blush retails for $30 and your regular blush would be around twenty something. Well, I'm not disappointed. This blush is so pale to the simple eye. Just apply it and be ready to be amazed. It actually adjusts to your skin tone! It's the perfect balance between blush and natural looking contour. 

The next time I go I really want to get me the "Guise" pigment. It's a pale silver with subtle sparkling. Extremely delicate depending on how it's applied. "Deceit" was lovely. It's also a bit browner than shown in pictures. Sadly, my MAC store didn't receive any eyeshadows so I couldn't test those out. I was really looking forward to swatch out "Ardent". I didn't swatch the eyeliners or the mascara. Now, the eyelashes were something else. Edgy, full and extreme. There were only two left in the store and I decided that maybe someone that would use them more could take advantage of them so I decided to pass. 

Now, the lip glosses? Can you say "Opalescent pucker"? Oh yes. Don't let the pictures fool you. These glosses are amazing. Both are purple colors but they glisten and vary colors like crazy! I was so in love with "Outrage" and I almost got it, but my better sense got a hold of me and I put it down. I'm hoping I can get one when I get my next paycheck. I have to be honest. I was a bit less than impressed with the lipsticks. Like I said in my past post, the darkest lipstick, "Fervent" is very similar to "Cyber" from the permanent collection. "Cyber" is the perfect dupe (except for finish). I wouldn't spend more money on "Fervent" which is barely a tad more violet and has a creamier finish when "Cyber" is almost the same, cheaper and has a lovely satin finish. And I was let down with "Restrict" because it was yet another nude color that didn't work for me. Don't get me wrong, it was a lovely color, just not on me.

Also madly opalescent? Those nail varnishes! The girl that helped me today had on "Inert", which is the silvery opalescent tone. It was just as good on as it was from the tube! "Ascension" was beautiful but "Hyper" was really something else! Blue magic!

Finally, the makeup case. A bit expensive at $75. Like I said before, it looks a bit like a cd case and to be honest, my makeup bags always take a beating so I wouldn't spend that much money on a makeup bag when I can make one myself for waaaaayy less whenever I need to. All in all, this collection is beautiful, more wearable than it looks, very luxe and decadent. I really encourage you to go check it out and see/swatch/get it for yourself. Also, I'm in the search for a new moisturizer. I have quite severe dermatitis and it manifests itself very frequently on my face, so I've been reading reviews about MAC's Complete Comfort Cream Moisturizer and I got a sample today at the store. I just applied it when I washed my face and I'm about to let a tear or two go loose. I haven't felt my skin this soft in almost a year. It's really difficult for me to get my skin nicely moisturized because additional to the dermatitis, I have severely dry skin too. It's always chapped and dull regardless of the copious amounts fo moisturizing, exfoliating and care. I'll keep you guys posted on how this affects my skin. So far, I'm quite sold and I've only tested this once!

Anyways, I hope you all have a happy Thanksgiving with your loved ones!

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...