Tuesday, November 8, 2011

Birthday Glitz!



Don't let the title fool you. It's not my birthday. That was a while back. I did get something cool from my boyfriend on my last birthday though. Sequined fabric! I'd seen it with him while fabric shopping but couldn't afford it at the time because it was quite expensive. So, he got me the last yard left for my birthday and it was not until today that I took up the project to make a simple scoop neck loose fit blouse with it at my sewing class. The week before I also finished stitching up a little tube skirt that goes nicely with the top. I was planning to do a sweater type top initially, but when I laid out the pattern, there wasn't enough so I ended up scrapping the sleeves, modifying the shape and coming up with this simple, yet statement worthy top. Anyways, I think this might be even more versatile so I'm good. I'm really happy with the results and now I can't wait to make more stuff! 



Also, I though I'd share with you guys the ways I'd use this top in extremes. By extremes I mean a clean, professional, work appropriate look vs. a more playful party look. Obviously the top shown below isn't mine, but it's the closest I could find. Some work and all play!
Some work and all play!
Some work and all play! by desiree-velazquez-rodriguez featuring straight leg pants

Racer back top
$27 - windsorstore.com

D G one button jacket
$665 - stylebop.com

Miss Selfridge jersey skirt
£12 - missselfridge.com

Balmain straight leg pants
$872 - stylebop.com

Haider Ackermann platform wedge
$1,380 - monamoore.com

Brian Atwood heel pumps
$645 - mytheresa.com

Balenciaga studded handbag
$2,685 - balenciaga.com

Prada flap handbag
£895 - flannelsfashion.com

Michael Kors yellow gold jewelry
$250 - michaelkors.com

Betsey Johnson chain jewelry
$45 - betseyjohnson.com

Jamie wolf jewelry
$1,400 - barneys.com

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...