Saturday, July 7, 2012

Skitch-I-Y: Sailor Moon Nails!




A few days ago, one of my readers linked me an idea for Sailor Moon nails. Sailor Moon is very dear to my heart, being as that is the first cartoon/anime I mastered drawing when I was 7 years old.  I instantly knew that this was a mani I had to try out. So, we're straying a bit from fashion today but I know that deep down some of you are true Sailor Scouts at heart! Because after all, we do it all in the name of love and justice! This one's for my girls over at Ouna's Closet.



You'll need:
Base coat
Nude nail polish
White nail polish
Blue nail polish
Red nail polish
Yellow/gold nail polish
Black thin brush nail polish
Top coat

(This is for the Sailor Moon nail. Change colors accordingly depending on the scout of your choice)








Step 1: Prep and prime your nails with a base coat. After your nails are dry, apply an even coat of a nude nail color. I used Jessica's Nail Gone Bare. 















Step 2: Draw two large triangles from one upper corner of the nail to the other. This will be the scout's sailor collar. I used Gosh's 006 Attitude.













Step 3: Take your white nail polish and wipe off all of the excess off the brush onto the bottle mouth. Use the border of the brush and draw two lines towards the center about a quarter of an inch away from the blue borders of the scout's neckline. You can do one or two. It will be easier to make the line/s if you have a thin brush polish or a thin polish brush. I just used me Sinful Colors Snow Me White polish for that.













Step 4: Take your white polish and paint over the bottom half to represent the scout's torso after all of the blue polish has dried completely. 


















Step 5: Once the white has dried, take your red polish and draw two small isosceles triangles. I used a mix of red polishes since the one I own is a bit dark but any bright red will do.
















Step 6: Draw two overlapping larger triangles over the smaller ones to complete the bow shape.

















Step 7: Take your black thin brush polish and draw two lines along the center of both larger triangles to simulate the folds of the bow.
















Step 8: Once the bow has dried, paint a yellow/gold circle in the center of the bow. It should cover the entirety of the center. I used Bettina's Sunrise and Glamourous for this because I wanted it to shine a bit more.










After it is dry, apply a top coat and you're done! I use Seche Vite for a rapid drying coat that will last me a very long time. If you like, you can paint each nail accordingly to a different Sailor Scout and you can get something like this:

Instagram: LilaLane


Since I loved the navy blue Gosh polish, I decided to change my other nails and do a gold gradient on them. Give them a shot!

Remember to "Like" The Fashion Skitch on Facebook and follow on Tumblr and Instagram. I'm LilaLane! See you guys on my next post!








10 comments:

  1. This is super duper easy and oh so cool! Thank you so much for indulging us over at Ouna´s Closet with such a fun post!!!
    xoxo
    The Ouna Girls

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well of couse! I hope you enjoy making your Sailor Moon nails! Don't forget to share with the other readers I'm so glad you liked it. Lots of love for you girls! <3

      Delete
  2. Hola! vi tu comment sobre las carteras... claro, me dejas saber :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Si! Las están construyendo estas semanas. Tan pronto lleguen y estén listas para venta te aviso!

      Delete
  3. Preciosas!!!
    Te sigo,le echas un vistazo a mi blog!!!
    Besazos!!!


    Unespacioparamiscosas

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Gracias! Tan pronto salga del trabajo lo haré! ;)

      Delete
  4. Love your sailor moon nails!! It's sooooo cute! :D

    xo
    Glam Mania...!!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...