Friday, June 1, 2012

The Skitch: Mary Katrantzou S/S 2012


These late night sketch parties I'm having with myself are really paying off (must be those nerves of mine keeping me up!) and with my lastest picks for skitches, I'm coming to a conclusion: I'm turning over to the print side little by little. Or at least I'm venturing a bit with something other than blocked colors in heavy tones. I may not be as bold as to wear something as "printastic" as Mary Katrantzou (also because it's out of my reach), but her pieces sure make a hell of a statement when it comes to fashion vis à vis art. She trumps all other print master in my book (sorry, Pucci!). Graphic synergy at its highest expression.

With this one I tried to use many different brushes so I had fun playing around. Much more expressionist than my other illustrations, but I definitely thought it was proper... at least to catch the essence of the prints. Here's my favorite outfit from her s/s 2012 runway show. The flowiness of the pleated skirt is just divine for summertime!

Would you guys be bold as to wear a Mary Katrantzou-like print? Let me know in the comments below! 

pic via style.com
reserved rights D. Velazquez 2012

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...