Sunday, April 15, 2012

The Skitch: Spring Makeup Trends

Leave it to me to wear a dark palette on my wardrobe all year long. How do I occasionally experiment with color? My makeup! Here's where I go crazy literally every chance I get. If there's always something I look forward to in the morning it's deciding my look of the day. I'm quite excited about some of the makeup trends for this spring because they truly are right up my alley. It's all about playing up the eyes or lips. 

I present you all with my new face chart model. I like to call her Lila. 


Neon lights

Play up your peepers with an extra bold color for that edge your look might be missing. If you're not into sporting bright colored accessories, a touch of neon for spring on your makeup might be just what you need so try out a bold aqua or pink on your lids or lips! It might be a bugger to find neon colors in the US because the FDA doesn't approve of them (booo!), but by simply adding a white base to any bright eyeshadow, the color will instantly pop! Try out NYX's Jumbo Eye Pencil in Milk or and always remember to prime your lids for extra payoff!




Bold blue

I'm really excited for this trend because it's one of the few that will actually carry on to fall. If you saw Prabal Gurung's f/w 2012 show the models sported a striking blue lid. Blue tones are also fantastic for brown colored eyes. They're complimentary colors so it's a given that your eyes will go from boring to amazing! Practice out many different looks with blue colored shadows. But take it easy, blue shadow can be messy and your look can go haywire! Just remember to play it up gradually. Maybe start out with a nice eyeliner or a navy smokey eye. You can also play with your mascara color. 




Neutral brown and a pop of poppy!

Neutrals are always in and how about taking that smokey eye and softening it up for the spring? Grab your brown colored shadows and blend all along the lids for a soft, yet sultry look. Rub on a nice, peachy color on the apples of your cheeks and play up the look with a bright coral color or a classic red lip! If you're not into a bright lip, keep your lips toned down with a nude color and maybe a swipe of gloss.




Wing it!

I believe there is one look that is absolutely fool-proof and timeless: the winged eye! Absolutely no other look is as flawless as this on is in my book. Whether you like to get your done with pencil, gel or liquid liner, it's a look that'll lift any eye. It takes a little practice mastering the wing, but I promise that once you've got it down, it's a makeup look you'll want to wear almost every day. Play it up with a bright coral, red or pink lip and you're out the door in 1, 2, 3! You can even add some false lashes for that extra va-va-voom!



I'm really excited for these makeup trends this spring and they're all looks that can be easily transformed for any outfit, occasion and season. They're playful, exciting and easy to achieve. What are your favorite spring makeup trends? 



Reserved Rights Desirée V. 2012


No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...