Sunday, January 8, 2012

Skitch-I-Y: Chanel s/s 2012



Wow! It's almost been a month since I last blogged and I am deeply sorry for that. I blame the holiday season. Handling a job in retail and an internship at the same time barely leaves me with any free time on my hands anymore and when I do have it, I catch up on my rest. I mean, holiday season meant literally 17 hour days for me, barely any breaks. So now that the holidays in Puerto Rico have come to an end, I can finally rest and catch up on my personal life, and you guys!

Now, where did we last see each other? Oh, yes! The Chanel Skitch-I-Y pearl hair pins I promised months ago! Tsk, tsk, tsk. Shame on me, but a promise done is a promise kept! Today while my hubbs took me on a date to Old San Juan, we stumbled along the most awesome bead shop and I finally found the pearls I've been looking for. I've been searching for them forever but I always found really expensive strands of dozens of pearls or they were plastic and cheap looking. In this store I found inexpensive freshwater pearls on their own so I could purchase a just what I needed without breaking my budget. I found so many different types of pearls in many different shapes, colors and sizes. For this Skitch-I-Y I decided to keep it simple and stick to traditional white pearl, but it's up to you guys to make your hair pins the way you choose. After all, I just give you some guidelines here. You guys can modify it however you wish and make your creations unique! Also, this is the absolute easiest do-it-yourself project. I mean, this actually took me like 5 minutes to make 3. So, if you're short on time or just simply like to get things done easily and still look chic, this is the project for you!

Also, I apologize for the picture quality. I have the worst lighting in my apartment and my DLSR has no battery so I had to use my old point and shoot for this. Ugh.


You'll need:

  • pearl beads
  • bobby pins
  • thread
  • a needle
  • glue
  • scissors











Step 1: Take your thread and prep your needle with it by stringing it double and making a knot. Take your thread and knot it around one of the bobby pin legs and securing it with a bit of glue.












Step 2: String the pear onto the thread and loop it around the bobby pin leg several times. Make sure it is centralized on the pin leg or else it will look wonky and will be a pain to centralize later on. Loop the thread through the pearl and pin as many times possible.









Step 3: Secure the bead and thread in place by knotting the thread and dabbing a bit of glue to the thread once you cut off the excess. Make sure to knot it tight!















And you're done! See? Easy! Place them all over your hair as you wish. You could try the wet hair look and dot your hair with the pins just like they did at Chanel or your could even let your hair down and place some of these all over! I'm thinking playing with sectioning my hair and dotting these along the lines too!


Chanel photo via Style.com




No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...